I am a visual effects Technical Director (TD), assisting in the creation of visual effects for various feature films for the US and UK markets. A few of my most recent film projects are Spiderman:Home coming, Thor: Ragnarok and Hotel Transylvania 3.
I hold a Masters degree in Digital Effects from the National Center of Computer Animation (NCCA), Bournemouth University, United Kingdom – A course that ranks amongst top animation courses.
Before the Masters course, I had acquired a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science and also I worked as a motion graphic designer.
During the Masters course, the roles I undertook and my choice of projects helped me in developing several skills from rotoscoping to tracking and match-moving, modeling, texturing, rigging, wire simulations, rigid body simulations , lighting and compositing to mention but a few.
I consider myself a well rounded person possessing an equal mix of Technical and Artistic capabilities. My background in Computer Science makes topics such as Physics, Mathematics and Programming an easy grasp for me and aids my understanding when technical issues arise.
The Masters course also enabled me to discover a lot more about my artistic side as well as my technical capabilities. During the time spent at Bournemouth University, it was a priviledge to have studied a variety of interesting topics:
• Digital Effects Nucleus: 3D Digital Effects work, 2D Compositing Effects work, and Practical Video Acquisition Effects work.
• Digital Effects Tools: (Theory) Image Analysis, Effects Design, Colour, Effects Universes (3D) Modeling, Animation, Texturing, Lighting, Pass Rendering, Digital FX; (2D) Keying, Colour Correction, FX Integration, Pass based compositing; (Acquisition) Video &Camera Ops, Practical FX, Lighting, Props; (Common) Maths.
• Digital Effects Techniques: (Theory) Camera Matching, Light Matching, Motion Matching; (3D) Expressions, Particles, Attributes, Dynamics, Scripting, Character Tools, Shader Writing; (2D) Tracking, Green Screen, Advanced Integration, 3D Compositing; (Acquisition) Green Screen, Track & Jib, Location Survey, Portable Blue Screen.
• Personal Inquiry: The Nature of Houdini Rigid Body Dynamics.
• Moving Image Theory: Cinematography, Analogue and Digital Techniques Comparisons.
After I graduated from Bournemouth University with the Masters Degree, I had developed a keen interest towards 3D. This made me dedicate one whole year on polishing my knowledge in order to meet the industry standards. During this period, I made a personal inquiry into Cloth, Rigid Body Dynamics, Shader Writing, Lighting, Rendering, Particles, Volumes, etc.
My current interests are in the fields of Effects, Lighting, Shading and Rendering. As a direct result, I am confident that I can take on roles related to the aforementioned disciplines.
For a list of movies I have worked on, you may view my filmography on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6035150/
Effects Technical Director,